Mar 14 2018 (15:14) Station Tag: Kolkata/KOAA added by SWR intrastate trains for Karnataka^~/36147
Services of the first phase of East-West Metro from Salt Lake Sector V to Salt Lake Stadium in the city are expected to commence before Durga Puja in October 2018, Union Minister Babul Supriyo said here on Monday. Supriyo, Union Minister of State for Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises, visited the country's first under-river (Hooghly) tunnel of East-West Metro on Monday and took stock of the progress of the ongoing project. "The project is progressing as scheduled and we aspire to open this for the people of Kolkata at the earliest," the Minister... more...
said in a tweet. He also said: "I also visited the Salt Lake Sector V metro station, beside which the car-shed will be built. The construction there is in full swing and the first segment of the East-West Metro Corridor that we aspire to open for the public before Durga Puja this year will run between Sec V to Salt Lake Stadium, and thereafter in another 3-4 months, the service will extend to Phoolbagan Metro Station." The Rs 8,575-crore project is expected to be fully completed by June 2021. The Minister entered the tunnel accompanied by Parashuram Singh, Principal Chief Engineer, Metro Railway, and Managing Director, Kolkata Metro rail Corporation Ltd (KMRCL), from the Howrah Maidan end and stood under the river appreciating the dry condition of the tunnel which is 36 metres below the ground level. He also appreciated the quality of work being done and the safety precautions being taken by the team to ensure the safety of the structures including the protected monuments and heritage buildings.
Due to “Cyclone Pathai” in East Coastal Districts of Vijayawada Division, Train No. 07438 Kacheguda – Tatanagar Jn train scheduled to depart Kacheguda at 13.00 hrs today i.e., 17th December, 2018 is rescheduled to depart at 16.00 hrs on the same day.
There are some minor changes to the PNR Forum:
1. The main PNR feed will only show UN-predicted (by you) PNRs which are coming in. However, if there are replies, the PNR will show and will bubble to the top. Once you predict the PNR, it will go away from the main...
This is an advance notice of a new feature that will be introduced within the next couple of days. The feature is called "Spottings".
1. Any time you see a train ANYWHERE - while railfanning, while travelling in a train, while visiting a station, seeing someone off, receiving someone, while your train...
This is regarding the appointment of Monitors. For TLMs, we require a minimum of 1000 Confirmed TLs. For FMs, we require members to promise to abide by the guidelines and be free of controversies. For other Monitors, we require the member to be in good standing.
However, "eligibility" does NOT always mean...
This is an advance notice of an upcoming change:
1. We shall be removing the Login/Forum section from the RailCal app as it is cumbersome, buggy and lacking in features.
2. We shall soon be introducing a dedicated app called "Rail Messenger" for both Android and iOS, for all blogging/messaging purposes. The app...
The following changes are being made:
1. To restore the fun back to PNR Predictions, PNR Predictions will NOT be hidden anymore. PNR Predictions by members can be seen by ALL, before and after Charting. New members often look towards our expert predictors for hints, and we are reinstanting that.
2. To better...
While we do nominally allow multiple IDs, these multiple IDs are NOT allowed to engage in misuse and "mischief". Voting multiple times in the same poll using multiple IDs, rating each other IDs' blogs using multiple IDs, etc. are classified as "gross misuse".
This is an advance notice that some of the...
Important Note:This website NEVER solicits for Money or Donations. Please beware of anyone requesting/demanding money on behalf of IRI. Thanks. Disclaimer: This website has NO affiliation with the Government-run site of Indian Railways. This site does NOT claim 100% accuracy of fast-changing Rail Information. YOU are responsible for independently confirming the validity of information through other sources.